Looking to spread your advertising message without spending a lot of cash? Vehicle graphics wraps accomplish just that. You’re guaranteed to get noticed without blowing the marketing budget.
Car wraps are essentially moving billboards. For a fraction of the cost of newspaper or television advertisements, you’ll reach hundreds or thousands of potential customers each day. Promote your brand name whether you’re driving down the highway or parked at the mall.
About Vehicle Graphics Wraps
Graphics wraps can be applied to all types of vehicles: sedans, SUVs, buses, tractor trailers – even boats. You can opt for a wrap that covers the entire vehicle, half the vehicle or just a few specific spots.
Car wraps are printed on one of two types of vinyl:
- Cast vinyl provides a paint-like finish and lasts one to five years. It’s the more expensive of the two options.
- Calendared vinyl lasts between three months and one year, making it ideal for short-term advertising campaigns. It is far less expensive.
Car wrap providers can handle every stage of the process, from designing your wrap to installation.
Car Wrap Average Costs
Many providers charge by the square foot:
- Cast vinyl wraps usually run $10.5 to $15 per square foot.
- Calendared vinyl wraps run $5.25 to $8.5 per square foot.
Others charge a flat rate based on the type of vehicle. If you opt for the longer-lasting cast vinyl wrap, expect to pay:
- $300 to $500 for spot graphics
- $2,000 to $3,000 for cars and small SUVs
- $3,000 to $5,000 for large SUVs, trucks and vans
- $5,000 to $8,000 for tractor trailers and buses
For a calendared vinyl wrap, cuts those prices in half.
Down the road, if you need to replace a damaged area of the wrap or correct some of the information, plan on paying the square footage rates mentioned above. Removal usually costs $100 per hour.